Doughnuts. As you drop spoonfuls of batter into the oil,it become delicious crunchy on the outside of the doughnut. These cinnamon sugar doughnuts are very easy and quick to make, perfect for a weekend breakfast.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 2 cups Gluten Free Please! Flour
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
In a small bowl, stir the cinnamon into the 1/2 cup sugar and set aside.
- In a deep fryer or skillet, heat several inches of vegetable oil to 350 degrees (F).
- Mix the flour, salt, baking powder and 3 tablespoons sugar in a bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and 1 cup buttermilk with a wooden spoon. Add more buttermilk, slowly, until mixture has the consistency of a very thick cake batter.
2 teaspoons (or a small cookie scoop), scoop a generous teaspoon of
batter and carefully drop it into the oil, using the second spoon to
help scrape the dough off of the first one. Repeat with several more
teaspoons, but do not overcrowd the doughnuts or they will stick
- Cook the doughnuts, turning occasionally, until golden brown on all sides.
- Remove doughnuts from the oil with a slotted spoon, and drain briefly on paper towels.
- Roll the doughnuts in the cinnamon sugar while still hot.
- Cook the rest of the doughnuts in batches.
- Doughnuts are best served warm, and can be reheated or kept warm in the oven.
Makes about 25 small round doughnuts.