Saturday, November 9, 2013
everything gluten-free: chewy chocolate chips cookies: 3 cups Gluten Free Please!all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp baking soda 1 tsp baking powder 1 cup (2 st...
Wednesday, November 6, 2013
IT WAS A HIT!!
The whole house smell like the Fair!
My grandson loved it so much he had 2!
Homemade Corn Dogs
Makes about 10-15 Corn Dogs
1 cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup Gluten Free Please! all-purpose flour
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tablespoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 cups buttermilk
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon honey
1 package Hot Dogs
15 wooden skewers
2 Quarts Vegetable Oil, for frying
Heat the fryer to 350
In a large bowl, add the cornmeal, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Stir together.
Then add the beaten egg, buttermilk, oil and honey.
|Stir until combined|
Remove hot dogs from package.
Pour the batter into a tall drinking glass.
Holding by the skewer, take one hot dog and dunk it into the batter, coating all of the hot dog. Slowly remove from batter and let a little excess batter drip back into the cup.
Immediately place it into the hot oil, while still holding the stick. Turn as necessary to brown all sides. Cook for 2-3 minutes, or until all sides are a deep golden brown. Remove from hot oil and place on paper towels to drain grease. Repeat with all hot dogs.
Monday, November 4, 2013
- 3 cups Gluten Free Please!all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cups (about 12 ounces) semisweet and/or milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, whisk together the GFP!flour, baking powder and baking soda; set aside. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the butter with both sugars; beat on medium speed until light and fluffy. add vanilla, and eggs. Beat until well mixed, about 1 minute. Add flour mixture; mix until just combined. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Drop heaping tablespoon-size balls of dough about 2 inches apart on baking sheets lined with parchment paper.
- Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven, and let cool on baking sheet 1 to Bake until cookies are golden around the edges, but still soft in the center, 8 to 10 minutes. Enjoy